Tuesday 3 December 2013

[Comida] [Food] [Essen]

If you know me, you will be aware of how much I like to eat, especially sweet things, like kuchen, apfelstrudel, chocolate, etc. I mean, my actually need to eat something sweet every day.  It became a habit, because, before I came to Santiago, I used to drink coffee after lunch with my dad. We drank black coffee, with no sugar, so we needed something sweet to balance the after lunch coffee.

I don’t only like to eat sweet things, I would say that I like most of the food, with the exception of seafood, that actually I have never like it and I think that makes me sick. In the other hand, I have been a vegetarian for two years now. I must add, that I’m not a strict one, I mean, I eat fish, so I normally call it being a “bad vegetarian”. Anyway, I was never a big meat fan, so I never ate so much of it and always preferred food with a lot of vegetables.

I’m also very daring when we talk about food; I like very much to taste new and exotic food. I have had mostly good experiences trying new stuff, except maybe once in Germany. I was in a restaurant with my host family in Bavaria and I ordered something very traditional, some kind of “wurst”. When it came, it was awful! It was like a piece of gelatin (just fat) with pieces of meat and other things in it. I couldn’t eat it. I gave it to my host dad.

To finish, I would just add that life is too short to be worrying about diet and deprive yourself of so many things, among them, eat good stuff.


Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. You can't live without eating something sweet once a day :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice squirrel. "Wurst"...just with the name you can figured it out how awful can be...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am addicted to sweet things too, specially chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete