Tuesday 19 November 2013

Go green!


While living in Germany one of the things that most impacted me was how much they recycle. In every house, don’t minding if it was a big or a small one, they have different trash containers; for organics stuff, plastic, aluminum, paper and the rest. And almost every day came a trash trunk to pick different kind of garbage. Also, most of the containers that they use (for the yoghurt, for example) is made of glass, is a little more expensive, but if they  give it back, the yoghurt become cheaper. And don’t make star with the number of solar panels that they have. Germany it’s not that sunny, I mean, I from the north of Chile where we have sun almost every day of the year and we don’t have even a third part of solar panels that my little town in Germany has.

Well, the big different, among others, is how the government impulse green initiatives. Maybe here in Santiago you can find “green points”, where you can take you garbage and recycle it, but it’s just here in Santiago. It’s not a state policy; just the communes with more money or green thinking have it, like La Reina, Las Condes, etc.

I have always tried to be “green”. I mean, ‘cause I lived in a desert I have always have awareness about how much water we spend and misuse, so I’m often going after people telling them to shut the water off (specially with my flat mate, who brush her tooth with the water running…don’t know what is wrong with her). Currently I also come to the University on bike and recycle paper and glass J

Hope someday the Chilean government it’s going to realize all the green potential that our country has.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment